- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- 1 large ripe pear, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprig
How to Make It
Stir together all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring often, over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until pear is tender. Garnish, if desired.
Note: We tested with Musselman's Chunky Apple Sauce. To make ahead, prepare as directed. Cool completely (about 45 minutes). Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 days. Microwave in a microwave-safe glass bowl at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring at 30-second intervals.