- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened instant tea mix
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Demerara sugar
- Parchment paper
How to Make It
Beat first 8 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
Stir together flour and next 2 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended after each addition.
Shape dough into 4 logs (about 2 inches in diameter); roll logs in Demerara sugar. Wrap each log in plastic wrap. Chill 8 hours to 3 days.
Preheat oven to 350°. Cut each log into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheets to wire racks, and cool completely (about 20 minutes).