- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Garnishes: cranberries, walnuts, almonds, pecans, kumquats, small lady apples, cinnamon sticks
- Maple Sauce
How to Make It
Grease a pudding mold (at least 7 cups, but up to 10 cups will work). Set aside. Combine first 6 ingredients, stirring well with a wire whisk; set aside.
Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in pumpkin and pecans. Gradually add flour mixture; mix just until blended.
Pour mixture into prepared mold; cover with lid. Place mold on a rack in a Dutch oven. Add boiling water to Dutch oven to halfway up mold. Bring water to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove mold from Dutch oven; let stand, uncovered, 15 minutes. Remove pudding from mold; garnish, if desired. Serve warm with Maple Sauce.