- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh lemon grass
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 8 ounces)
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped seeded serrano chile, divided
- 1/3 cup finely diced lean Canadian bacon (about 3 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green onions
- 12 cups prepackaged spinach (about 8 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- calories 101
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 3.1 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- monofat 1.4 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 12.5 g
- carbohydrate 7.5 g
- fiber 5.2 g
- cholesterol 50 mg
- iron 4.4 mg
- sodium 433 mg
- calcium 149 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of lemon grass mixture and shrimp to skillet; sauté 1 minute. Stir in 1 teaspoon chile; sauté 30 seconds. Remove shrimp from skillet; keep warm.
Add 1/2 teaspoon oil to Dutch oven. Add bacon, remaining lemon grass mixture, nutmeg, 2 teaspoons chile, and onions; sauté 1 minute. Stir in spinach; cover and cook 1 minute.
Firmly press spinach mixture in a sieve over a bowl, reserving liquid. Combine vinegar and cornstarch. Combine spinach liquid and vinegar mixture in skillet over medium heat, and bring to a boil (mixture will be thick). Add shrimp, tossing to coat. Remove skillet from heat.
Combine the parsley and 1 teaspoon chile. Divide spinach mixture evenly among 6 plates, and top each with 2 shrimp. Sprinkle with parsley mixture.