Thank god I didn't "lightly grease" my crockpot. This was the heavest, greasiest meal I've ever made or had. The sauce was too much, too heavy. Maybe it would be good parboiled and grilled with the sauce, but not like recipe stated. I rarely waste food, but, we couldn't eat but a few bites and ended up throwing most of it away.
More From Southern Living
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (8-oz.) bottle hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon country-style Dijon mustard
- 1 to 3 tsp. hot sauce
- 5 pounds pork spareribs
- 1. Sauté first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a small saucepan over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in next 7 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes.
- 2. Place half of ribs in a single layer in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Pour half of sauce mixture over ribs. Top with remaining ribs in a single layer. Pour remaining sauce mixture over ribs. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or until tender. Transfer to a serving platter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes