- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (8-oz.) bottle hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon country-style Dijon mustard
- 1 to 3 tsp. hot sauce
- 5 pounds pork spareribs
How to Make It
Sauté first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a small saucepan over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in next 7 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes.
Place half of ribs in a single layer in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Pour half of sauce mixture over ribs. Top with remaining ribs in a single layer. Pour remaining sauce mixture over ribs. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or until tender. Transfer to a serving platter.