Spiced Soufflés With Lemon Whipped Cream
More From Southern Living
Stand: 20 Minutes
Bake: 20 Minutes
- Butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, separated
- Lemon Whipped Cream
- Grease bottom and sides of 8 (6-ounce) ramekins or custard cups evenly with butter. Lightly coat bottom and sides evenly with sugar, shaking out excess. Place ramekins in a 13- x 9-inch pan or baking dish. Set aside.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; whisk in flour. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, whisking constantly until thickened. Remove from heat. Whisk in 2/3 cup sugar and next 5 ingredients.
- Beat egg yolks at high speed with an electric mixer 4 to 5 minutes or until thick and pale. Gradually whisk about one-fourth of hot mixture into yolks; add to remaining hot mixture, whisking constantly. Cook over medium heat 1 minute. Remove from heat; let stand 20 minutes.
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into milk mixture. Spoon evenly into each ramekin, filling to top.
- Bake at 400° for 18 to 20 minutes or until puffed and set. Serve immediately with Lemon Whipped Cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note