Spiced Shrimp Zapala
"This is a contemporary take on the traditional shrimp cocktail." For the most appealing presentation, leave tails on.
Yield: 8 cups
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 3 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Combine first 13 ingredients; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Cook shrimp in boiling salted water to cover 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink; drain.
- Combine shrimp and vinaigrette; cover and chill 2 hours. Drain or serve with a slotted spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spiced Shrimp Zapala Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers, Hors d'Oeuvres, Main Dishes
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: Central/South American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Shellfish
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Gluten-Free
- OCCASION: Spring, Summer, Weddings, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Coastal Living