Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Kevin Crafts
You can prep these in just a few minutes--it's the slow baking that takes hours.
Yield: Serves 8
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 125
- Calories from fat: 0.5%
- Protein: 0.2g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 2.3mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 cinnamon stick, about 3 in. long
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 whole allspice
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 quinces, peeled, halved, and cored
- Sweetened whipped cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 275°. Cook spices and sugar with 1 qt. water in an ovenproof medium saucepan over high heat until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add quinces. Cover and bake until they're dark pink and very tender, about 3 hours.
- 2. Transfer quinces from liquid with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Boil liquid over medium heat until reduced by half, 15 minutes. Return fruit to liquid. Serve warm or chilled, with cream.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per quince half.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note