- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops (about 2 lbs. total)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 very ripe (black-spotted) plantains or firm-ripe bananas, peeled and cut in half lengthwise and again crosswise
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 tsp. packed light brown sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, warmed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 serrano chile, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- calories 542
- caloriesfromfat 34 %
- protein 38 g
- fat 20 g
- satfat 6.3 g
- carbohydrate 53 g
- fiber 6.6 g
- sodium 652 mg
- cholesterol 111 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler. Rub oil over pork and set on a broiler pan. Mix spices together and sprinkle evenly on both sides of meat. Broil, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Remove from pan and keep warm.
Lay plantains, cut side up, on a baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar. Broil until sugar starts to caramelize and fruit starts to soften, 4 to 8 minutes.
Serve pork chops and plantains with black beans, a dollop of sour cream, a few chile slices, and cilantro leaves.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.