Excellent. Wonderful flavors, so easy to make. Makes an elegant dinner that is deceptively easy. Definitely a keeper.
Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Sautéed Apples
This one-dish pork tenderloin entree is perfect for fall. Sweet spices coat lean pork tenderloin, while apples get a savory treatment with shallots and thyme. Serve with a spinach salad.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 234
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 24.4g
- Carbohydrate: 12.3g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 89mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 394mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 12 pieces
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced unpeeled Braeburn or Gala apple
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Combine first 5 ingredients; sprinkle spice mixture evenly over pork. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove pork from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Melt butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add apple slices, 1/3 cup shallots, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; sauté 4 minutes or until apple starts to brown. Add apple cider to pan, and cook for 2 minutes or until apple is crisp-tender. Stir in thyme leaves. Serve apple mixture with the pork.
This recipe originally ran in Cooking Light October, 2010 and was updated for the November, 2012 25th anniversary issue.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes