I made this on a camping trip. The combination of flavors in the salsa was great (though being a spice wimp I cut down on the jalapeno a little). It was a big hit!
Spiced Pork Chops with Pineapple Salsa
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 40 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 267
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Protein: 22.3g
- Carbohydrate: 19.6g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 578mg
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Calcium: 33mg
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 8 dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 of 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl; cover and chill 30 minutes.
- While salsa chills, combine salt and next 3 ingredients. Sprinkle both sides of pork with salt mixture; let stand 10 minutes.
- Prepare grill.
- Place pork on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until pork is no longer pink. Serve with salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note