Made this with chicken, skinless/boneless breast meat & grilled it...added olive oil and pressed garlic to marinate meat...also added more spices as others suggested...wonderful recipe!
Spiced Pork Chops with Apple Chutney
Apple chutney is a heart-warming topping for pork in this family-friendly dinner of spicy, boneless chops.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chop and about 1/3 cup chutney)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 321
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 24.4g
- Carbohydrate: 34.6g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 520mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 cups (1/4-inch) cubed peeled apple (about 3 apples)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut pork loin chops, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1. To prepare chutney, melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add apple; sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add cranberries and the next 6 ingredients (through allspice); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until apples are tender; stir occasionally.
- 2. To prepare pork, while chutney simmers, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine chipotle and next 4 ingredients (through black pepper); sprinkle over pork. Coat grill pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with chutney.
- Slender haricots verts are a pretty and quick-cooking complement to the meal. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 12 ounces haricots verts to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, and 2 thinly sliced garlic cloves; cook 5 minutes or until garlic is lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes