good cold or hot, with or without booze!
Spiced Pomegranate Sipper
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Rose Nguyen
More From Southern Living
- 1 (2 1/2-inch-long) cinnamon stick
- 5 whole cloves
- 5 thin fresh ginger slices
- 2 (16-oz.) bottles refrigerated 100% pomegranate juice
- 4 cups white grape juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- Garnishes: pineapple chunks, orange rind curls
- 1. Cook cinnamon stick, cloves, and ginger in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until cinnamon is fragrant.
- 2. Gradually stir in juices. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 minutes. Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a heat-proof pitcher; discard solids. Serve warm. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice and Welch's 100% White Grape Juice.
- Tipsy Hot Spiced Pomegranate Sipper: Prepare recipe as directed. Stir in 1 1/4 cups almond liqueur just before serving. Makes 9 1/4 cups.
- Cold Spiced Pomegranate Sipper: Prepare recipe as directed. Let stand 30 minutes. Cover and chill 2 hours. Store in refrigerator up to 2 days. Stir and serve over ice. Prep: 10 min., Cook: 25 min., Stand: 30 min., Chill: 2 hr.
- Fizzy Spiced Pomegranate Sipper: Prepare Cold Spiced Pomegranate Sipper as directed. Stir in 1 (33.8-oz.) bottle ginger ale just before serving. Makes 16 cups.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This