- About 1 3/4 cups apricot nectar*, preferably unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 green cardamom pods, cracked
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (half a 1 3/4-oz. package) Sure-Jell pectin labeled "For less or no sugar needed recipes"
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 1/2 cups chopped ripe plums (from about 1 1/4 lbs. fruit)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon butter (prevents foaming)
- calories 26
- caloriesfromfat 2 %
- protein 0.1 g
- fat 0.1 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- carbohydrate 6.7 g
- fiber 0.2 g
- sodium 4.5 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Bring 1 3/4 cups apricot nectar and spices to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat, covered. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Strain, then measure 1 1/4 cups, adding more juice if needed.
Combine pectin and 1/4 cup sugar in a 5- to 6-qt. pot. Stir in plums, then spiced juice, lemon juice, and butter. Bring to a brisk boil over high heat, stirring often.
Add remaining 1 1/4 cups sugar. Return jam to a brisk boil, stirring. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Ladle jam into heatproof jars, distributing fruit evenly, and close with lids. Let cool to room temperature, inverting jars occasionally to distribute fruit. Keeps, chilled, up to 1 month.
*We used Santa Cruz Organic Apricot Nectar.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per tbsp.