Spiced Plum Conserve
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 6 pounds red plums, quartered
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup whole cloves
- 3 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups sugar
- 1. Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until mixture thickens. Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a large bowl, discarding solids. Clean Dutch oven. Return plum mixture to Dutch oven.
- 2. Bring to a boil over medium heat; add sugar, and simmer, stirring often, 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Let stand 15 minutes. Use immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note