Spiced Plum Conserve
Experiment with your favorite seasonal fruit, including muscadines. This conserve also pairs well with roasted or smoked pork shoulder.
This recipe goes with Ham Glazed with Spiced Plum Conserve
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 6 pounds red plums, quartered
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup whole cloves
- 3 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups sugar
- 1. Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until mixture thickens. Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a large bowl, discarding solids. Clean Dutch oven. Return plum mixture to Dutch oven.
- 2. Bring to a boil over medium heat; add sugar, and simmer, stirring often, 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Let stand 15 minutes. Use immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note