Spiced Pecan and Roasted Pear Salad
Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 22 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 pear, 1 1/2 cups greens, and 1 tablespoon dressing)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 275
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 113mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 419mg
- Calcium: 162mg
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (such as McCormick), divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 assorted firm-ripe pears (such as Bosc, Anjou, or Bartlett)
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 bunch chopped trimmed watercress
- 2 heads Belgian endive, separated into leaves (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 1/2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 flatbread crackers
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Toast the nuts in the oven 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Transfer the nuts to a bowl, and toss with 1/4 teaspoon garam masala and the salt.
- 2. Halve and core the pears. Cut each half into 3 wedges. Lightly coat a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray; arrange pear wedges on their sides on prepared pan, and sprinkle tops with remaining 1/4 teaspoon garam masala. Roast pears in the middle of the oven, turning once, about 20 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- 3. Whisk together the vinegar and the next 3 ingredients (through olive oil) in a small bowl.
- 4. Arrange greens and pears on each of 4 plates. Sprinkle the cheese and nuts over top, and drizzle with dressing. Serve with a flatbread cracker.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads