Really great recipe. I made it exactly as the recipe stated except I omitted the pecans because my family doesn't care for nuts. It was wonderfully moist and flavorful. Keep leftovers in the fridge though. It was very moist so it spoils quickly.
Spiced Peach-Carrot Bread
Photo: Jim Franco; Styling: Joe Maer
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 50 Minutes
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and chopped fresh, ripe peaches
- 3/4 cup freshly grated carrots
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Cool 15 minutes.
- Stir together flour and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; add peaches, next 4 ingredients, and toasted pecans, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into a lightly greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This