Spiced orange-pineapple pickles
Community Recipe from
- 6 large,thick-skinned oranges
- 1 1/2 cup(s) honey
- 1/2 cup(s) distilled white vinegar
- 10 whole(s) cloves
- 3 stick(s) cinnamon (small)
- 1 medium pineapple (2 1/2 to 3 ibs.),peeled,cored and cut into chunks
- 1)Cut peel from oranges.2)Cut into quarters,removing pith.3)Cut each quarter in half.4)Drain,reserving juice.5)In large saucepan or dutch oven,combine honey,vinegar,cloves and cinnamon sticks.6)Add pineapple chunks and reserved orange juice.7)Bring to a boil.8)Simmer ,uncovered,for 25 minutes.90Stir in orange wedges.10)Ladle at once into hot jars,putting a cinnamon stick into each jar.11)Adjust lids.12)Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.13)Remove and complete seals,if necessary.14)Set jars on wire rack covered with cloth or towel and cover with another cloth.15)Let stand until cold.16)Then store in cool,dry place.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by becy420 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes