Spiced Oat Bran Cookies w/Muesli
A delicious and nutritious cookie that adapts well to variations.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Wet Bowl
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) raisins (or other diced dried fruit)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- Dry Bowl
- 1 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) oat bran
- 1 tablespoon(s) seven spice (or cinnamon)
- 2 teaspoon(s) omani (or lemon peel)
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) cocoa powder (optional)
- Mixing Bowl
- 1/2 cup(s) butter (or margerine)
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar firmly packed
- Other Ingredients
- 1 cup(s) muesli cereal
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped nuts (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2. Combine the Wet Bowl ingredients and set aside.
- 3. Sift the Dry Bowl ingredients and set aside.
- 4. Combine Mixing Bowl ingredients together, add Wet Bowl ingredients and cream together with a hand or stand Mixer.
- 5. Add the Dry Bowl ingredients slowly and continue mixing until incorporated.
- 6. Fold in the Other Ingredients and mix in BY HAND.
- 7. Drop rounded tablespoons onto nonstick (or greased) baking sheet. Flatten slightly.
- 9. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10. Cool slightly before removing from pan to cool on a wire rack.
- a. You can skip the Whole Wheat Flour and increase the All-Purpose Flour to 1-3/4 cups. If so, no need to flatten cookies (see Step 8).
- b. If using Margarine, keep batter chilled between pans and adjust baking time to 12-14 minutes (until bottoms are just starting to brown).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ldweisberg and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spiced Oat Bran Cookies w/Muesli Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies