- 1 English cucumber (about 1/2 lb.)
- 6 cups finely shredded napa cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla)
- 1 tablespoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 fresh jalapeño chili, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- calories 131
- caloriesfromfat 61 %
- protein 4.7 g
- fat 8.9 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- carbohydrate 10 g
- fiber 2.8 g
- sodium 155 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Slice cucumber in half lengthwise, trim off ends, and scoop out and discard seeds. Thinly slice cucumber.
In a wide bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, and cucumber.
Mix vinegar, fish sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, chili, and garlic. Pour over salad and mix. Serve, or cover and chill up to 4 hours. Sprinkle with peanuts and mix.