Spiced Mini Burgers with Couscous Salad
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 598
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Sodium: 1163mg
- Carbohydrate: 61g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 30g
- 1 10-ounce box couscous
- 1 pound ground beef
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 4 Roma (plum) tomatoes, quartered
- 1 seedless cucumber, sliced into half-moons
- 3 tablespoons tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 8-ounce container hummus (optional)
- Place the couscous in a medium bowl and pour 1 1/2 cups hot tap water over the top. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
Form the beef into 12 small 1/2-inch-thick patties. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, the cumin, and oregano.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the patties and cook to desired doneness, 4 minutes per side for medium.
Combine the couscous, scallions, tomatoes, cucumber, lemon juice, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the remaining oil in a large bowl.
Divide among individual plates. Serve with the burgers and hummus, if desired.
Upgrade: Turn this dinner into a Mediterranean feast by using ground lamb instead of ground beef and stirring 1/4 cup crumbled Feta into the salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes