Made this for dinner last night, everyone loved it! I brought the leftovers to lunch today and it was even more amazing! I used regular balsamic and half the amount of brown sugar, and it was delicious! Will be making this dish all summer!
Spiced Marinated Tomatoes
Marinated tomatoes are a great choice for summer entertaining because you can marinate up to two days ahead. This spiced-up version features jalapeño pepper, ginger and cumin.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 58
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 10.1g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 159mg
- Calcium: 17mg
- 4 cups halved red, yellow, or orange cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 4)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir until blended. Pour vinegar mixture over tomato mixture, tossing to coat. Chill 1 hour.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note