- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 3 (3-inch) sticks cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 9 firm, ripe mangos (about 8 pounds), peeled and sliced
- Combine first 5 ingredients; tie in a cheesecloth bag. Combine spice bag, sugar, vinegar, and water in a stainless steel stockpot. Bring to a boil. Add mangos. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until fruit becomes translucent. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bring mango mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove spice bag; discard.
- Quickly pack mangos into hot sterilized jars, and cover with any remaining syrup, leaving 1/2- inch head space. Remove air bubbles. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process mangos in boiling- water bath 20 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note