Spiced Lamb Chops
Notes: Accompany these pungent cumin- and coriander-spiced lamb chops -- two per serving -- with couscous flavored with grated lemon peel and cooked carrots.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 284
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Protein: 36g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 119mg
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground toasted cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground toasted coriander seeds
- 8 lamb loin chops (each 1 to 1 1/4 in. thick and about 4 oz.), fat trimmed
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. In a small bowl, mix cumin and coriander.
- 2. Rinse lamb and pat dry. Sprinkle chops generously on both sides with salt and pepper, then coat both sides with spice mixture, patting so it adheres.
- 3. Pour olive oil into a 12-inch ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, set lamb chops slightly apart in pan; cook, turning once, until well browned on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes total (take care not to scorch spices).
- 4. Transfer pan to a 325° regular or convection oven and bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center of lamb reaches 125° for rare, 7 to 8 minutes, or 135° for medium-rare, 9 to 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes