Great recipe to welcome fall - moist & gingery. Everyone loved it !
Spiced Ginger Cake With Candied Cream
Yield: Makes 12 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 50 Minutes
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 3 large carrots, finely grated
- 1 cup minced fresh ginger (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
- Candied Cream
- Garnish: fresh mint sprig, sugar
- Beat sugar and oil at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in carrots and fresh ginger.
- Combine flour and next 7 ingredients; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating at low speed until moistened. Stir in nuts.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack; serve with Candied Cream, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts