Time: 25 minutes. Good with almost any drink, these are best when still warm from the oil.
Sunset DECEMBER 2009
1. Drain and rinse chickpeas. Spread in a single layer on a clean kitchen towel or paper towels and pat dry.
2. In a large pot over medium-high heat, bring 2 in. oil to 350° to 375° (use a candy thermometer, or drop a chickpea in—when it sizzles, the oil is ready).
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Set aside.
4. With a large spoon or strainer, lower chickpeas carefully into oil. (They will spatter.) Cook until chickpeas are hot and crispy (test 1 for doneness), about 3 minutes. With a slotted spoon or strainer, transfer chickpeas to several layers of paper towels and drain 1 minute.
5. Toss chickpeas with spice mixture. Serve immediately.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Go to full version of