Spiced Eggnog Pound Cake
Yield: 16 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup refrigerated or canned eggnog
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Powdered sugar
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon whipping cream
- Generously grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan; set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with 1 cup eggnog, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla and, if desired, brandy.
- Pour half of batter into prepared pan. Stir cinnamon and next 3 ingredients into remaining batter. Spoon spice batter over plain batter. Swirl batters together, using a knife.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
- Place cake on a cake plate; dust with powdered sugar.
- Combine 1 cup powdered sugar and whipping cream, stirring until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts