Spiced Cranberry Scones
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1/3 cup(s) chilled butter cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries or tart dried cherries
- 1/3 cup(s) half-and-half or milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon(s) half-and-half
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and cloves with a whisk. Place in food processor with butter. Pulse until butter is cut into dry ingredients and mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cranberries and pulse once to coat with flour mixture.
- 2. Whisk together eggs and half-and-half. Pour liquid ingredients into flour mixture and process until dough just pulls together, about 5 seconds.
- 3. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently 10 to 15 seconds. Place on an ungreased baking sheet or stone and pat into an 8" to 9" circle. Brush top with half-and-half and sprinkle with sugar. Cut into 10 triangular wedges but do not separate.
- 4. Bake 15 to 17 minutes, until golden brwon. Remove from baking sheet and separate wedges. Serve warm or cool on wire rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amddoody and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note