- 8 cardamom pods, cracked
- 8 star anise, broken into a few pieces
- 1 1/4 cups freshly ground coffee (ground for your coffee maker)
- 1/2 to 1 cup good-quality brandy (optional)
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar such as demerara*
- 1 cup heavy cream, lightly whipped
- calories 129
- caloriesfromfat 78 %
- protein 0.9 g
- fat 11 g
- satfat 6.9 g
- carbohydrate 6.9 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- sodium 16 mg
- cholesterol 41 mg
How to Make It
Bring cardamom, star anise, and 9 cups water to a boil in a small covered saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Brew coffee with spiced water according to coffeemaker's directions (you may need to let water cool and transfer spices to coffee with a slotted spoon).
Spoon 1 to 2 tbsp. brandy, if using, and 1 tsp. sugar into each mug or heatproof glass. Add coffee, stir, and top with whipped cream. Sprinkle with a little more sugar.
*Find in the baking aisle.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.