- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 chai tea bags
- 4 cups ice
- 2 cups cold seltzer water
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz.) bourbon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 orange)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Orange, lemon, and lime slices
How to Make It
Combine water, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan over high. Bring to a boil, stirring just until sugar and salt dissolve, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat; add tea bags, and steep 10 minutes. Discard tea bags. Add ice, and stir until ice is melted and tea mixture has cooled to room temperature. Pour tea into a large pitcher, and chill until cold, at least 30 minutes.
Add seltzer water, bourbon, lemon juice, orange juice, pineapple juice, and nutmeg to tea; stir gently to combine. Serve over ice, and garnish with citrus slices, if desired.