This was tasty, but the wine and herb marinade tasted better for me. I used with pork chops and marinated for 12 hours. My fiance actually loved this, I just found the flavors a bit too mismatched for my taste- and I'm usually the one out of the 2 that likes new flavors. He asked me to add it to my recipe book, so I will, but I wasn't too excited about it. Maybe next time I'll try with chicken.
Spiced Cider and Maple Marinade
Notes: This slightly sweet, aromatic marinade is delicious on all kinds of fish and meats, especially pork and chicken. Multiply the recipe for larger batches; cover and chill up to 2 weeks.
Yield: Makes about 2/3 cup, enough for 1 to 1 1/2 pounds meat, poultry, or fish
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a blender, whirl vinegar, maple syrup, ginger, Worcestershire, oil, fennel seeds, and allspice until ginger is finely ground.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments