Make sure to use a thick chop. I used a thin one the first time, and it wasn't as good. This recipe is a keeper!
Spiced Chops with Mango-Mint Salsa
Allspice and mango bring Caribbean flair to this quick dish. The salsa, redolent of mint, also packs a bit of heat thanks to a dusting of crushed red pepper.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 pork chop and about 1/3 cup salsa)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 222
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 26.1g
- Carbohydrate: 13.2g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 201mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped peeled mango
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; sprinkle evenly over pork.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- Combine mango, mint, lemon rind, lemon juice, sugar, and red pepper in a medium bowl. Serve with pork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This