Spiced Chocolate Root Beer Cupcakes
Kefir fans find all kinds of creative ways to enjoy the nutritious, tangy treat. From adding a splash to soups and chili to folding it into pancake batter, kefir is a really versatile ingredient! Check out the creative use of kefir in these Spiced Chocolate Root Beer Cupcakes from Bake and Destroy.
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ginger ground
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar granulated
- 1/3 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) root beer flavoring
- 3/4 cup(s) plain Lifeway Kefir
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with paper liners. Mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a small bowl. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, egg and root beer flavoring until smooth. Alternately whisk in flour mixture and buttermilk until smooth. Scoop batter into pan and bake 22-27 minutes until tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on wire rack.
- Top these with a sprinkle of powdered sugar for a not-so-sweet treat, or fold 1/2 tsp of root beer flavoring into whipped cream and top each cupcake with a generous spoonful of whipped cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Cassandramb and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spiced Chocolate Root Beer Cupcakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cupcakes
More Recipes for Main Dishes