Spiced Chili Oil
Make the oil up to 5 days in advance; refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving. Recipe by Charlyne Mattox: June, 2011 from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/spiced-chili-oil-00000000058353/index.html.
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 1 cup(s) olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon(s) finely grated orange zest, plus 1â4 cup juice
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- In a small saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, red pepper, paprika, and cumin. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the tomato paste and orange zest and cook, stirring, until slightly darkened, about 30 seconds. Add the orange juice, the remaining oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and stir to combine; remove from heat and let cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note