Spiced Chickpea Nuts
More From Food & Wine
Total: 2 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 1 pound dried chickpeas, soaked overnight and drained
- Herbamare or sea salt, (see Note)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast, (see Note)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- In a large pot, cover the chickpeas with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat, stirring, until almost tender, about 1 hour and 15 minutes; add more water as needed to keep the chickpeas covered. Add a large pinch of salt for the last 15 minutes of cooking. Drain the chickpeas; dry on a rimmed baking sheet lined with a kitchen towel.
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, toss the chickpeas with the olive oil. Add the nutritional yeast, cumin and garlic and toss well. Spread the chickpeas on the prepared baking sheet and season with salt. Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring a few times, until crisp. Serve hot or warm.
Note: Herbamare salt and nutritional yeast are available at health food stores.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This