Spiced Chickpea Nuts
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) dried chickpeas, soaked overnight and drained
- Herbamare or sea salt (see Note)
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) nutritional yeast (see Note)
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) granulated garlic
- 1. In a large pot, cover the chickpeas with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat, stirring, until almost tender, about 1 hour and 15 minutes; add more water as needed to keep the chickpeas covered. Add a large pinch of salt for the last 15 minutes of cooking. Drain the chickpeas; dry on a rimmed baking sheet lined with a kitchen towel.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 425°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, toss the chickpeas with the olive oil. Add the nutritional yeast, cumin, and garlic and toss well. Spread the chickpeas on the prepared baking sheet and season with salt. Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring a few times, until crisp. Serve hot or warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note