This was absolutely delicious!! I made this for my father and used turkey breast tenderloins as it was all i had but followed the recipe as stated it was soo tasty! My father who doesn't care for vegetables much went for seconds on the veggies! Will def make this more times!
Spiced Chicken with Sautéed Collards and Peppers
Photo: Kan Kanbayashi
More From Real Simple
Other: 5 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 302
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Protein: 38g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Sugars: 3g
- Fiber: 6g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Sodium: 588mg
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch collard greens, thick stems removed
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with the cumin, cayenne, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast until cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes.
Return the skillet to medium heat and add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until soft, 6 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, thinly slice the collard leaves crosswise. Add to the skillet along with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, tossing, until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the chicken.
Substitution: If you can’t find collard greens at the market, Swiss chard or spinach will work just as well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This