Spiced Chicken with Chickpea and Cucumber Salad
To remove the skin from the chicken thighs quickly, use a paper towel to grip the skin, then pull it up and off.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 15 ounce(s) 1 can chickpeas rinsed
- 1/2 english cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) torn basil leaves
- 1 small shallot thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoon(s) sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 2 1/2 pound(s) 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1. In a med bowl, toss the chicken, cucumber, basil, and shallot with the oil, vinegar, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
- 2. Heat grill to med. In a small bowl, combine the sesame seeds, paprika, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- 3. Remove the skin from the chicken and discard. Sprinkle the chicken with sesame seed mixture, pressing gently to help it adhere. Grill covered, until cooked through, 9-10 mins per side. Serve with the chickpea salad.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LMStone61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spiced Chicken with Chickpea and Cucumber Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes