- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken breasts
- About 1/8 teaspoon salt
- About 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (about 8 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups cauliflower florets (about 1/2 in.)
- 1 cup baby-cut carrots
- 1 1/2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth or water
- 1 red bell pepper (about 8 oz.), rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 zucchini (about 8 oz.), rinsed, ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) diced tomatoes
- 1 package (10 oz.) couscous
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- calories 386
- caloriesfromfat 15 %
- protein 29 g
- fat 6.4 g
- satfat 1 g
- carbohydrate 53 g
- fiber 5.5 g
- sodium 362 mg
- cholesterol 44 mg
How to Make It
Rinse chicken and pat dry; cut chicken into 1-inch chunks and sprinkle with about 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch frying pan (with 2- inch-high sides) or a 6-quart pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir often until browned on the outside but still slightly pink in the center (cut to test), 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and add remaining tablespoon oil to frying pan.
Add onion and garlic to pan and stir often until onion is limp, about 5 minutes. Stir in cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne and cook until spices are fragrant, about 1 minute. Add cauliflower, carrots, and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer until carrots are slightly tender when pierced, 10 minutes. Stir in bell pepper, zucchini, and tomatoes and simmer, uncovered, until zucchini is tender when pierced, 8 to 10 minutes longer. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Meanwhile, in a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Remove from heat, stir in couscous, cover, and let stand until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
Fluff couscous with fork and spoon onto a large serving platter. Spoon chicken and vegetables over couscous and sprinkle cilantro over the top.