Pretty darn good. Its been added to the rotation.
Spiced Chicken Thighs with Garlicky Rice
Photo: Randy Mayor; Stylist: Cindy Barr
High-flavored seasonings coat this easy, 40-minute meal of Spiced Chicken Thighs with Garlicky Rice. Serve with Raspberry and Blue Cheese Salad.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2 thighs and about 2/3 cup rice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 406
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 29.7g
- Carbohydrate: 53.8g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 139mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 635mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds), skinned
- Cooking spray
- Raspberry and Blue Cheese Salad
- 1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add rice; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add 1 1/2 cups water and 3/8 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff rice. Stir in parsley and black pepper.
- 2. Preheat broiler to high.
- 3. Combine sugar and next 5 ingredients; stir in remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle half of spice mixture over chicken. Place chicken on a foil-lined jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 6 minutes. Turn chicken over; sprinkle with remaining spice mixture, and broil 6 minutes or until done. Remove chicken; reserve pan drippings. Let chicken stand 5 minutes. Spoon drippings over chicken; serve with rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note