- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cooking spray
- 8 lemon wedges (optional)
- calories 114
- fat 4.1 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- monofat 2.1 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 17.5 g
- carbohydrate 1.4 g
- fiber 0.5 g
- cholesterol 47 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 190 mg
- calcium 23 mg
How to Make It
Prepare the grill to medium-high heat.
Thread chicken pieces evenly onto 16 (6-inch) skewers.
Place cumin and coriander in a small nonstick pan over medium heat; cook 1 minute or until toasted, stirring frequently. Place spice mixture in a spice or coffee grinder; pulse 3 times or until coarsely ground. Combine ground spices, 1/4 teaspoon salt, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Spread spice mixture onto a large plate; lightly roll each skewer in spice mixture.
Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, onions, lemon juice, oil, and garlic in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 8 minutes or until done, turning occasionally. Arrange skewers on a platter; drizzle with juice mixture. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.