Spiced Chicken Skewers
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) bulgur
- 1 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pint(s) cherry tomatoes
- 2 whole(s) lemons
- 1 clove(s) garlic crushed with press
- 1 cup(s) fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves chopped
- 1 - Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling or preheat large grill pan on medium-high.
- 2 - In large microwave-safe bowl, combine bulgur and 1 3/4 cups water. Microwave on high 10 minutes or until bulgur is tender and water is absorbed, stirring once.
- 3 - In medium bowl, toss chicken with chili powder, 1 teaspoon oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and freshly ground black pepper; until well coated. Threaded chicken and tomatoes alternately onto skewers, spacing 1/4 inch apart.
- 4 - Place chicken skewers on hot grill grate and grill 7 to 8 minutes or until chicken just loses pink color throughout, turning occasionally.
- 5 - Meanwhile, into the bowl with the bulgur, from 1 lemon, finely grate 1 teaspoon, peel and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice. Add crushed garlic, parsley, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper, and the remaining teaspoon oil. Stir well.
- 6 - Divide bulgur mixture and chicken skewers among serving plates. Serve with remaining lemon, cut into wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by YUMMY80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spiced Chicken Skewers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes