Spiced Caramel-Apple Soufflés
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 160
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 21.9g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 138mg
- Calcium: 90mg
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened and divided
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 (6-ounce) carton caramel fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup chopped bottled spiced apple rings (such as Lucky Leaf)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free caramel sundae syrup
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon butter inside each of 4 (8-ounce) ramekins; sprinkle evenly with granulated sugar.
- Combine remaining 1 teaspoon butter, flour, brown sugar, egg yolks, and yogurt in a medium bowl, stirring mixture well with a whisk.
- Place cream of tartar and egg whites in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold one-fourth of egg white mixture into yogurt mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture. Divide the mixture evenly among prepared ramekins.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until puffy and set.
- Combine spiced apple and caramel syrup; spoon 1 tablespoon apple mixture into center of each hot soufflé. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts