Excellent. I used whole milk so that it would be a little creamier consistency. Also added more cinnamon, nutmeg and a dash of ginger as I like the spiciness.
Spiced Caramel-Apple Bread Pudding
More From Southern Living
Chill: 1 Hour
Bake: 50 Minutes
- Calories: 299
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 8.1g
- Carbohydrate: 51.6g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 241mg
- Calcium: 146mg
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 (16-oz.) Italian bread loaf, cut into bite-size pieces
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Toasted Pecan-Caramel Sauce
- 1. Sauté apple and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon in a lightly greased skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until tender. Stir together bread and apple in an 11- x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Whisk together eggs, milk, apple cider, brown sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, and remaining 1/4 tsp. cinnamon; pour over bread mixture in baking dish. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake bread mixture 45 to 50 minutes or until top is crisp and golden brown. Serve warm with Toasted Pecan-Caramel Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note