Spiced Breakfast Apples
These top-rated apples, flavored with cinnamon and nutmeg, can be prepared up to 3 days ahead - just reheat a few minutes before serving. They're delicious with baked ham and cheese grits, along with pan-fried pork chops, or as a topping for waffles and pancakes.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 5 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add apples and remaining ingredients. Sauté 15 to 20 minutes or until apples are tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note