I cooked and stopped at about 4 1/2 hours on high potatoes and squash were starting to b much and disintigrate. 6 hours on low might have been ok but much less time on high on my recomendation. This recipe was excellent. My neighbor joined us and whole family loved it!!
Spiced Beef Stew with Sweet Potatoes
More From Southern Living
Total: 6 Hours, 50 Minutes
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 (32-oz.) container beef broth
- 1 (3-lb.) boneless chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 sweet onions, cut into eighths
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (about 1 lb.)
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Whisk together first 2 ingredients until smooth.
- 2. Sprinkle beef with flour, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
- 3. Cook beef, in batches, in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until browned. Place in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Add sweet potatoes, next 8 ingredients, and broth mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH 6 to 7 hours or until tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews