- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 (32-oz.) container beef broth
- 1 (3-lb.) boneless chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 sweet onions, cut into eighths
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (about 1 lb.)
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
How to Make It
Whisk together first 2 ingredients until smooth.
Sprinkle beef with flour, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
Cook beef, in batches, in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until browned. Place in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Add sweet potatoes, next 8 ingredients, and broth mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH 6 to 7 hours or until tender.