Spiced Bananas with Rum Sauce
Yield: 2 servings
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 357
- Fat: 7.9g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 137mg
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 cup vanilla reduced-fat frozen yogurt
- Cut bananas in half crosswise, and cut halves lengthwise.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar and next 4 ingredients; cook 30 seconds. Add banana pieces, and cook 1 minute on each side.
- Heat rum in a small saucepan. Pour over banana mixture. Ignite rum with a long match, if desired; let flames die down. Stir gently; top with yogurt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spiced Bananas with Rum Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts