For the best taste and texture, use a variety of apples--such as Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, and Gala--when making applesauce and pies.
More From Southern Living
- 12 large apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cook all ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring often, 20 minutes or until the apples are tender and the juices are thickened. Serve applesauce warm; or let cool, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note